What I love most about hypnotherapy is that each session is unique. This is as important to me as it is to my clients. I think my clients respond so well because they understand that I genuinely am intrigued by their minds and respectful of their innate abilities.
There is nothing more satisfying than helping someone use their own resources to open themselves to comfort and joy. And my clients constantly surprise me with their creativity, strength and love.
All of my careers have been explorations of how people fit in to the world around us – I began as a newspaper reporter, working my way up from a local beat in Washington, D.C. to a foreign bureau in Southeast Asia by the age of 24. Then I became a private eye in San Francisco, using the same skills of research and interviewing.
I’m also a union stagehand and am proud of my work as one of few female workers in a blue-collar industry. This varied background helps me connect with clients from all walks of life.
I’m not the average hypnotist. My natural skepticism has led me to study and compare several methods of hypnotherapy and I’ve received certification several times over.
Credentials, Training and Qualifications:
- Certified Hypnotist, Hypnosis Motivation Institute, Tarzana, CA 91356. Training focused on teachings of John Kappas.
- Medical Hypnotherapy Specialist, Alabama Hypnotherapy Center, sponsored by the American Board of Hypnotherapy.
- Certificate in Clinical Hypnotherapy, awarded by Professional Associates in Clinical Hypnotherapy, Dr. Eleanor Field, director. Training focused on Ericksonian methods.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome Hypnotherapy Certificate, Alabama Hypnotherapy Center.
- CHt, Certified Hypnotherapist #108-153, American Council of Hypnotist Examiners, over 250 hours of training at the Hypnotherapy Academy of America with Tim Simerman, Patrick Singleton, Dr. Robert Sapien and guest classes with Gil Boyne.
- Medical Hypnotherapist, Center for Hypnotherapy Certification, Seth-Deborah Roth, CRNA.
- HCHI (Hypnobabies® Certified Hypnosis Instructor), training in childbirth education and hypnosis for childbirth.
- 5-Path Practitioner and 7th-Path Self-Hypnosis Instructor, trained by Cal Banyan, Orange County, CA
- Certified Hypnotherapist, National Guild of Hypnotists.
- BA in Russian language and political science, Williams College, Williamstown, MA.
- California Private Investigator, License 15189, since 1994.
Free Hypnosis Consultation
If you’re ready to learn how you can improve your quality of life with hypnosis, contact clinical hypnotherapist Stephanie Voss at (323) 478-1920 to discover how effective hypnotherapy can be to help people stop smoking, lose weight, reduce pain, improve performance, and enhance wellness.
I also teach Mind-Body Pain Management Techniques to doctors, nurses and emergency responders in partnership with Pierre-Etienne Vannier, also a certified clinical hypnotherapist. Natural pain management techniques can help PREVENT drug addiction by lowering or even eliminating the need for pharmaceuticals. Please call to bring this valuable training to your clinic or hospital.